Ready to Go Somewhere Interesting?
Whether you’re here for the patterns or the podcast, my goal is the same: to take you somewhere you may not have been before. Think interesting stitches, unique constructions, off-the-beaten path destinations… I take my role as your knitting guide very seriously. All patterns are meticulously drafted, tech edited, and test knit so you can be sure your path is clear.
In short, my mission is to help process knitters create beautiful products.
What knitters like you have to say:
“I love the Kino Knits patterns because they are easy, yet interesting, and I always learn something new, which for me is the perfect recipe for a good pattern.”
“I loved knitting this pattern. It’s one of those patterns that has has lovely design elements to keep one’s attention, but is relaxing. The design is elegantly clever.”
Kino Knits: the podcast and designs that take you places.
My name is Mary, and I am the sole employee behind Kino Knits.
As a knitting pattern designer, podcaster, and human being, I aim to serve all crafters, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, skin color, economic status, size, location, status as a parent, ability, mental health, or education level.
Conversations about inclusion and diversity are necessary and everyone’s responsibility. In forums that I host or moderate, people will treat each other with respect. Differences of opinion and debates are welcome, but intolerance is not.
For my part:
- I will constantly educate myself on how to be a better ally and actively anti-racist.
- I will listen more than I talk.
- I will live my values more through actions than words.
- I will base my actions on what is right, versus what might earn me praise.
- I will make mistakes.
- I will believe people who tell me I have stumbled.
- I will accept criticism gracefully – it means someone thinks I have the capacity to improve.
- I will apologize for my missteps and learn from them.
Communities are stronger when everyone feels welcome.