Episode 065 (Design Pileup)
Recorded Wednesday, May 1, 2019
I’ve launched The Chekhov Collection! This will be a collection of a one-, a two-, and a three-color shawl, all designed for flexible weights and to maximize yardage use. The one-color shawl, Chayka, is available now for $6 and was designed in Magpie Fibers Swanky Sock (80/10/10 Merino/Cashmere/Nylon) in Into the Mystic. Or you can use Ravelry code CHERRY through June 23 to get all three shawls for just $5 total. You’ll get Chayka in your Ravelry library now and the next two shawls on May 25 and June 15. Click here to view the collection in Ravelry. Click here to apply the $5 code.
In case you missed it (ICYMI)… Kino Knits and The Knitting Boutique are excited to bring you another MKAL, this time for a three-color shawl designed for The Knitting Boutique’s Severn DK yarn, a unique blend of Blue Faced Leicester (BFL) fiber and silk. The shawl includes easy lace and stripes, so choose yarns that offer some contrast for the best results – and be prepared to use up just about every bit of those skeins! Kino Knits newsletter subscribers are getting the ONLY discount associated with this pattern release, but only until the first clue launches on May 13. Click here to sign up if you don’t already receive the Kino Knits newsletter! Click here to view the MKAL on Ravelry!
Thank you to SewRunKnit for the podcast review.
New shawl design on US 9 (5.5 mm) in Dragon Hoard Yarn Co Storyteller (100% superwash merino wool, 217 yards/100 g) in Come Alive and a contrast color. Will be one-, two-, and three-skein versions. In testing now! Includes a Celtic knot embellishment known as a Carrick Bend Mat. I posted a YouTube video to teach you how to tie one out of I-Cord.
New shawl design to be the second shawl in The Chekhov Collection on US 7 (4.5 mm) in Holly and Ivy Dyeworks Ivy Twist in Almost Mint and It Makes His Eyes Pop. Scheduled for release in May 2019. In testing now!
Boot toppers design in Queen City Yarns. Going into testing soon!
Some preemie hats in 100% acrylic for the Into the Wool Fiber Retreat.
New shawl design to be the third shawl in The Chekhov Collection on US 7 (4.5 mm) in Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stopper (75/25 Superwash Merino/Nylon) in Barbie’s Nighty, Heirloom, and Fortune Teller
Non-Euclidian by Sarah Jordan ($5 on Ravelry) on US 1 (2.25 mm) in Super Stitchy Smooth Sock (75/25 superwash merino/nylon, 463 yards/100 g) in Quite Mad (self-striping dark gray, cerulean, light gray, emerald green with black speckles).
- Available now: Introduction information
- Clue 1: Monday, May 13
- Clue 2: Thursday, May 16
- Clue 3: Thursday, May 23
- Clue 4: Thursday, May 30
Grad Your Stash 2019! Runs May 15 to June 15. The idea of this KAL is to take the oldest stuff in your stash and help it graduate into becoming an FO. You can spin, weave, knit, crochet, tat, whatever… just as long as you finish.
The rules are basically the same as last year:
- Any fibery hobby counts.
- You must use the OLDEST thing in your stash to participate. This could be from the 1970s or from two months ago – whatever is your personal oldest.
- WIPs count, but you must finish the project between May 15 and June 15, graduation season.
- There is no minimum yardage, but the spirit of the KAL is to use up that precious stash, so please make an effort to do so. Don’t knit a 2g blanket square of a 100g old skein and consider yourself done. That’s just not sporting.
- If you graduate your oldest stash, and there’s still time left in the KAL – feel free to graduate your next oldest stash and get another entry.
- Each finished object will earn you 1 entry for prizes. If you use a sponsor product, you get 5 extra entries! Sponsor info coming soon!
Knitting on Safari (Planning)
Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend!
Magpie Fibers Open House
Where to Find Me
Email: kinoknits (at) gmail.com
Get all the latest by signing up for the Kino Knits newsletter!