Episode 061 (2019 Plans!)
Recorded Wednesday, January 23, 2019
(Please note that hyperlinks do not appear blue on this page – but if you think it should be linked, it probably is. Just hover over it and click it.)
Contest – win all the Kino Knits patterns self-published in 2019. Two winners!
- @dawncolbert IG 167 of 839 entries on IG
- Claireere – 10 of 2-10 entries on Ravelry
True North Toque by Made by Marlee ($7 Canadian via Etsy) on US 13 and 15 (9.0 and 10.0 mm) in Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick (80% Acrylic, 20% Wool) in Black, Cranberry, Claret, and Grey Marble colorways. Heavily modified. Added pompom and Katrinkles tab.
Another True North Toque!
Vanilla Socks on US 1 (2.25 mm) in Rock and String Creations Super Sock (75/25 superwash merino/nylon, 460 yards/100 g) in Mountain Twighlight (self-striping gray, green, gold, purple, blue jewel tones). Heel in leftover Mothy and the Squid Superwash Sock (75/25 superwash merino/nylon, 459 yards/100 g) in Slate leftover from my Be Relentless mitts design.
Lots of Socks KAL – hosted in the Paper Daisy Creations Ravelry Group. Will feature lots of colorful socks on sale in February with proceeds going to Down Syndrome research. KAL through March 21 with prizes.
Refund KAL – finish a Kino Knits pattern between January 1 and April 15, 2019, and lucky winners will have their purchase price refunded. If you didn’t buy it, or if you prefer, you can claim a different Kino Knits pattern as a prize or choose to gift it to a friend.
Kino Knits is the sponsor for the January and February round of Just One More Row 6 in 19 – full details in the JOMR Ravelry group.
Kino Knits is a sponsor for the Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party – ends in early February. Full details in the Down Cellar Studio podcast Ravelry group.
- Criss Cross Top by Purl Soho
- Bigger on the Inside by Kate Atherley
- Happypotamus the Happy Hippo by Heidi Bears
- A sweater for my eldest in some Cascade Yarns
- Keep spinning my Rhinebeck fleece and knit a sweater out of it! #sistersheepspin
- Lakedale by Stephen West in Malabrigo Yarn
- Four True North Toques by Made by Marlee
- Matcha Top by Sew Liberated
- Carbeth Cardigan by Kate Davies
Bling Your String Crafty Bingo 2019 #byscraftybingo2019:
- Purl Soho – April
- Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival – May
- Zombie Knitpocalypse – June
- Chicago – Summer
- Into the Wool – September
Word of the Year: Care
- Weigh in on the discussion about inclusion in the knitting community in this Ravelry thread. (UPDATE SINCE PUBLISHING: The thread has been closed.)
Where to Find Me
Email: kinoknits (at) gmail.com
Get all the latest by signing up for the Kino Knits newsletter!