Episode 049 (Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival 2018)
Recorded on Monday, May 14 , 2018
New cabled sock pattern that will be part of the June 2018 Yarn Crush box.
Vanilla self-striping socks over 72 stitches on US 1 (2.25 mm) in Marigoldjen Superwash Merino Nylon Sock (75% merino, 25% nylon) in Silver Screen colorway (heels and toes and cuffs) and Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso (75% merino, 25% nylon) in Frederick self-striping colorway.
The Tolstoy Collection KAL is done!
The winners of the three grand yarn prizes were allichka, knit4keeps, and cclilac12. Listen to see if you’ve won!
Thank you so much to the sponsors!
- Unwind Yarn Company Journey Sock Mariposa (the yarn used for the Anna Karenina design) (check out episode 038 for an interviewer with the dyer, Dana)
- Dandelion Yarns Rosy Sport (the yarn used for the War and Peace design)
- check out episode 047 for an interviewer with the dyer, Anna)
- Fiber Optic Yarns Heavenly Sport (the yarn used for The Three Questions design)
- 3D-printed yarn gauges from JD Craftshop
- Medium project bag and clear-front notions pouch from The Project Bag
Woolpiggery and Knitting on Safari
Patsy Sue Zawistoski – Fine, Finer, Finest
Check out episode 030 for a 2017 audio clip of the ladies who gave me bacon and a mimosa.
Where to Find Me
Email: kinoknits (at) gmail.com
Get all the latest by signing up for the Kino Knits newsletter!