Episode 043 (2017 Review and 2018 Plotting)
Recorded on Tuesday, January 2, 2018
mrsquilt is the winner of the Fiber Crafty project bag. Listen to an interview with Pam Maher of Fiber Crafty in Episode 041.
iTunes user e_marie74 is the winner of all Kino Knits patterns released in 2018. The first will be a drapey cowl called Cafe Hon, designed for a single skein of fingering or sock yarn.
Thanks to knit4keeps and HanoverStreet for the great iTunes reviews! Leave your own here.
The Kino Knits website has a new look!
Vanilla Self-Striping Socks over 72 stitches on US 1 (2.25 mm) in Marigoldjen Superwash Merino Nylon Sock (75% merino, 25% nylon) in Silver Screen colorway (heels and toes and cuffs) and Knitpicks Felici (75% merino, 25% nylon) in Beyond the Wall colorway.
Handspun socks over 48 stitches on US 2 (2.75 mm) in handspun fiber from Unwind Yarn Company. Used Toe-Up Socks with a Difference by Wendy Johnson (free via Ravelry) as base but with major modifications.
New shawl design for collection early in 2018. Using Unwind Yarn Company Journey Sock (80% wool, 20% nylon) in Mariposa colorway.
Another new shawl design for the same collection in Dandelion Yarns Rosy Sport (100% merino wool) in Thunder and New Yolk colorways.
If you’d like to receive notification of test knitting opportunities, sign up for the Kino Knits newsletter and check the testing box!
- Lean Into the Wind neckwarmer
- Springs to Mind hat
- Caius baby and kids’ sweater
- Merrain MKAL shawl
- Greener on MY Side shawl
- With a Paddle (Fingering, Sport, DK) hat
- Without a Paddle (Fingering, Sport, DK) hat
- Daunt cowl
- Big and Fancy shawl
- Lalibela hat
- A Nice Cuppa ornaments
- Stellen socks
Spun 24 ounces of fiber.
Total 2016 FOs: 56
Total 2017 FOs: 79. Of those:
- 38 preemie hats
- 10 pairs of adult socks and 1 pair of baby booties
- 5 adult hats and 9 kid hats
- 3 shawls
- 3 cowls
- 2 adult sweaters and 1 kid sweater
- 1 pair of adult mittens
- 1 jar cover
- 3 gnomes, 2 teapots, and a chameleon!
I apparently didn’t write down 2017 goals, but they included:
- Design a sweater – done (Caius)
- Knit more handspun, including socks – done (cowl, hat, socks)
The Christmas gifts I gave away:
- spin more than 24 ounces
- 12 squares for my scrap yarn blanket
- improve photography skills
2018 Knitting on Safari plans:
- Vogue Knitting Live NYC, January 14-15
- Homespun Yarn Party, March 18
- Maryland Sheep and Wool, May 5-6
- Into the Wool Fiber Retreat, September 20-23
- maybe Rhinebeck?
#makenine2018 – include a Kino Knits pattern in your Instagram post and tag me (@kinoknits), and you could win the pattern for free. Winner will be chosen randomly from all eligible Instagram posts on January 15, 2018.
Knitting Around the World
There’s a 28-foot knitted Christmas tree in Warwickshire, UK. **thanks to allichka
Where to Find Me
Email: kinoknits (at) gmail.com
Get all the latest by signing up for the Kino Knits newsletter!