Episode 031 (Graduate Your Stash KAL 2017)
Recorded Monday, May 15, 2017
It’s time for the Graduate Your Stash KAL 2017!
The purpose of this KAL is to take the oldest stuff in your stash and help it graduate into becoming an FO. You can spin, weave, knit, crochet, tat, whatever… just as long as you finish.
The rules are basically the same as last year:
- Any fibery hobby counts.
- You must use the OLDEST thing in your stash to participate. This could be from the 1970s or from two months ago – whatever is your personal oldest.
- WIPs count, but you must finish the project between May 15 and June 30, graduation season.
- There is no minimum yardage, but the spirit of the KAL is to use up that precious stash, so please make an effort to do so. Don’t knit a 2g blanket square of a 100g old skein and consider yourself done. That’s just not sporting.
- If you graduate your oldest stash, and there’s still time left in the KAL – feel free to graduate your next oldest stash and get another entry.
- Each finished object will earn you 1 entry for prizes. If you use a sponsor product, you get 5 extra entries!
Our wonderful sponsors include:
- One prize will be awarded to the person who graduates the oldest stash into a finished object.
- Other prizes will be awarded among all the finished entries, using random number generator.
- At least one prize will be given randomly to someone who uses the hashtag #GradYourStash2017 on Instagram.
- At least one prize will be given per calendar month to someone chatting in the Ravelry chatter thread.
- You must be a member of the Kino Knits Ravelry group to win.
- Prizes are listed in post 1 of the Ravelry chatter thread. If you would like to donate a prize, please contact Kino to discuss!