Recorded Thursday, December 29, 2016
- Meagneta – Agneta from Sweden
- Liz-Knits – Liz from Arizona
- knittybrittygirl – Brittany from Colorado (found podcast via I Heart Radio)
- Huge thanks to Jenn Sheelen for the New Horizons set – also gave a copy for a future giveaway!
- Pincha shawl by Pinpilan Wangsai (free from Knitty) on U.S. size 6 (4.0 mm) in Blue Moon Socks That Rock Mediumweight (100% merino in Gnome de Plume colorway)
- New shawl design in LYDIA sock mini skein set
- Mittens based on Ann Budd’s Basic Mitten Pattern on U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm) in Wandering Wool Heights Worsted (100% merino in Amaryllis colorway). Purchased at the MD Alpaca Festival. Embellish-Knit I-Cord maker.
- Wood Collar Chemex Coffeepot Cozy by Kathy Miller (free on Ravelry) on U.S. size 8 (5.0 mm) needles in Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids, Heathers & Twists (80/20 acrylic/wool in Avocado and Gold colorways) for the Chemex Coffee Pot. I used the Pinhole Cast-on to start.
- Cecil the Computer Monster by Rebecca Danger (from The Big Book of Knitted Monsters) on U.S. size 4 (3.5 mm) needles in Kenyan yarn purchased at Spinner’s Web in Nairobi, Kenya
- Peppermint Leaves hat by Clare Devine (£3.50 on Ravelry) on U.S. size 4 and 5 (3.5 and 3.75 mm) in Havirland Yarns Lexington DK (100% superwash merino in For Luck colorway). Dana from the Just One More Row podcast put this yarn in my goodie bag at the Into the Wool Fiber Retreat 2016.
- New design for Point/Counterpoint, Vol. 2 – coming soon!
- more blanket squares
- Henry’s Hat by Joanna Johnson ($3.00 on Ravelry) on U.S. size 7 (4.5 mm) in Cascade 220 (100% wool in color 1208 Tan). Link to transcript of my interview with Eric and Joanna Johnson, authors of Henry’s Hat.
- Arne and Carlos socks – basic vanilla socks with heel flap and gusset done in Wandering Wool Rock Creek Sock in natural colorway and rest done in Schachenmayr Regia Design Line by Arne & Carlos in 03763 color way
- The Indie Design Giftalong 2016 is still going strong for a few more days! I finished Peppermint Leaves by Clare Devine and Henry’s Hat by Joanna Johnson (see above) and am working on one more thing!
- Total 2015 FOs: 43
- Total 2016 FOs: 56. Of those:
- 55 were started and finished in 2016 and only 1 started before 2016
- 10 were brand-new original designs: Maribou, Adrenaline Junkie, Rybka (Wee Fishie), Allichka, Rainy Season, Tiny Trellis, and Glorien (plus three more that haven’t been published yet)
- Breakdown by item type:
- 12 pairs of adult socks, 1 pair of kids’ socks
- 1 pair of baby booties
- 7 ornaments
- 9 hats
- 2 adult sweaters and 3 baby/kids’ sweaters
- 1 adult top
- 1 cowl
- 1 pair of mittens
- 1 pair of mitts
- 3 shawls
- 6 dishcloths
- 5 coasters
- 1 coffeepot cozy
- 1 monster
- 1 headphone cozy
- 2016 Goals
- Knit half of stuff in my stash that is for a specific project – Did not finish half… but I did some! Others are on my specific knit list for 2017.
- Advent calendar ornaments. Did not finish – have about 10 ornaments. Will continue in this next year.
- Spin for Socks. Nope.
- Knit with handspun or give it away. I started a cowl with some handspun that I will finish eventually. Also gave away almost a pound of handspun for Christmas.
- Process alpaca fleece. Done! Or at least I did what I wanted out of it.
- Dye sock blanks with my preschooler. Done! And they turned into lovely socks for his grandmothers.
- Go to Rhinebeck. Ta-done!
- Fix husband’s Gramps Cardigan. Well, I cut the collar off. I just didn’t reknit it yet.
Interview with Dianna of The Knitting Boutique
- The Knitting Boutique website – brand new site!
- Famous Knitter Workshops
- Knitting Boutique retreats
- Knitting Boutique yarn
- Maryland Showcase
- Knitting Boutique podcast
Many, many thanks to all your kind words on the anniversary of starting this podcast. The winner of all my 2017 individually self-published designs is Ravelry user Liz-Knits. Thank you to everyone for entering!
Where to Find Me
- Kino Knits Ravelry group
- Ravelry, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Periscope, Ello
- Email: email@example.com
- “Kassongo” by Orchestra Super Mazembe, used with permission of A.I. Records (Kenya) Ltd