Recorded Tuesday, September 27, 2016
- I redrew for the winner of the skein of Berry Colorful Yarnings – listen to Episode 016.
- I also drew for the winner of the skein of Lilliput Yarn – listen to Episode 018.
- Tenia (twcrochet-knit83) for her ITunes review!
- Greg (knittingdaddy) for sending me his new pattern, the Amplitude shawl. His podcast is Unravelling with Greg and Joey.
- Kristina (wanderlustknits) and Emily (EmilyAO) for saying hi in the Introduce Yourself thread.
- Rose City Rollers by Mara Catherine Bryner (free on Ravelry) on U.S. size 1 (2.25 mm) needles in Knit Picks Felici self-striping yarn (75% wool, 25% nylon) in the Glacier colorway.
- Also finished a cowl design – more on that in the future!
- Epistrophy by Kate Davies (part of the Yokes book, £19.99 on Ravelry) on U.S. size 4 (3.5 mm) needles in Plucky Sweater (90% merino/10% nylon DK in Bohemian Blue and Punchy colorways)
- Used Mary Jane Mucklestone’s article about steeking in the Fall 2016 issue of Interweave Knits.
- Used Jasmin Knitmore’s idea to purl the center steek stitch to make it easier to see when cutting.
- Indie Untangled
Things I’ve Learned
- I finally looked up how to account for yarn dominance in colorwork.
Design Notebook/Conversation with Sarah of Imagined Landscapes
- Imagined Landscapes website
- PrairiePoppins on Ravelry
- Kids Knitting by Melanie Fallick
- Stitch ‘n Bitch by Debbie Stoller
- Lenny Kravitz’s scarf
- Knitty’s spiciness levels
- Prairie Girls Knit and Spin podcast
- Prairie Piper of the Knitting Pipeline podcast
- Unwind Yarn Company
- Into the Wool retreat recap
- A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
- Prairie Autumn Creative Exploration (PACE) with Prairie Girl Danie
- Sarah’s Travelling Landscapes shawl
Where to Find Me
- Kino Knits Ravelry group
- Ravelry, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Periscope, Ello
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Kassongo” by Orchestra Super Mazembe, used with permission of A.I. Records (Kenya) Ltd
592 people have visited this page! 1 people have visited this page today!