Recorded on Monday, June 13, 2016
- From the Introduce Yourself thread in Ravelry:
- Podcasters who mentioned the Graduate Your Stash KAL: In a Sknit, The Knitmore Girls, Commuter Knitter
- Maile Sweater by Nikki Van De Car (free on the What to Knit When You’re Expecting blog) on U.S. size 6 (4.0 mm) needles in The Knitting Boutique Anacostia Fingering (100% Merino in Spring)
- Admiral Fell by Kristen Jancuk (mediaperuana) ($5.50 individually or part of the $12.99 Charm City Knits collection on Ravelry) on U.S. size 4 and 5 (3.5 and 3.75 mm) needles in leftover Bernat Satin Sport. Summer in the City KAL.
- Tau by Melanie Berg (€5.20 on Ravelry) on U.S. size 2.5 (3.0 mm) in madelinetosh Tosh Sock (100% merino in Dr. Zhivago’s Sky) – Rhinebeck sweater
- Business Casual by Tanis Lavallee (free on Ravelry) on U.S. size 1 (2.25 mm) needles in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Muckity Muck colorway
Plotting and KALs
- Cecil the Computer Monster by Rebecca Danger from The Big Book of Knitted Monsters ($13.99 on Amazon)
- Graduate Your Stash KAL (click on link to see full rules and chatter thread) #GradYourStash2016, runs May 1 – June 30, 2016. Prizes from me, In Transit Cap and Cowl by Kristi of the In a Sknit podcast, pattern of your choice by Jenn Sheelen of the Jenn Sheelen video podcast, pattern of your choice by Jennifer Lassonde of the Down Cellar Studio podcast. My Handsome Hound by Lucinda Guy.
- Jadesongbird and yarn_squirrel_amber each win one of my patterns for posting on Instagram with the tag #GradYourStash2016.
- Stash Dash – I cut the collar off my husband’s Gramps cardigan. Watch me chop it off on Periscope!
- Hiya Hiya Sharps from The Woolly Thistle on Etsy run by Claire of the NH Knits podcast. Link to the elephant ribbon.
- I was interviewed for the Knitting Boutique Saturday Morning Breakfast Club podcast!
- Tiny Trellis: new sock pattern on U.S. size 1 (2.25 mm) in Lilliput Yarn Simple Sock (80% Merino/20% Nylon) – see her Etsy shop here
Note: Not all of these photos are from this most recent trip, but they are all photos we took in Amboseli.
Kenya Prize Pack Giveaway
- Random number generator chose Ravelry user bolsen for the grand prize and tiaandcat for the 2nd prize.
Where to Find Me
- “Kassongo” by Orchestra Super Mazembe, used with permission of A.I. Records (Kenya) Ltd