Episode 012 (Lalibela, Ethiopia)
Recorded on Saturday, April 2, 2016
- Ravelry group: 141 members. Instagram: 500+ followers.
- Hearphone wrap on U.S. 1 (2.25 mm) needles in Patons North America Kroy Socks Stripes (75% wool, 25% nylon in Blue Striped Ragg colorway)
- Kick in the Pants/Fork in the Road by Lollipop Yarn/Lara Neel (both free on Ravelry) in Knit Picks Felici (75% merino,/25% nylon in Mosaic colorway). Just One More Row podcast’s 12 socks in 2016 KAL. Down Cellar Studio podcast’s 12 Months Till Christmas KAL.
- Pysanka by Amanda Carrigan ($5 on Ravelry) in Knit Picks Palette (100% wool in Turmeric and Grass colorways), #24ornamentsin2016. Here’s a great website for traditional pysanky.
- Wee Fishie by me (pattern coming soon) in One Twisted Tree BFL Prime (75% superwash BFL/25% nylon in One Twisted Summer colorway)
- Knit Picks sock blanks, dyed with Easter egg dye
- Antler Cardigan by Tin Can Knits ($7 on Ravelry) in Elle Classic Wool Aran (80% acrylic/20% wool in gray). Baby elephants!
- Vanilla is the New Black by Anneh Fletcher ($4.50 Canadian on Ravelry). Will knit in Lollipop Yarn GRIPES! (80% superwash merino/20% nylon in Mushroom, Wine Sap, Pumpkin Spice, Amber, Moss)
- Rhinebeck Sweater voting: Tau by Melanie Berg has 20 votes and Epistrophy by Kate Davies has 16.
- madelinetosh sock (100% merino fingering in Dr. Zhivago’s Sky colorway, 4 skeins) for Tau by Melanie Berg
- Plucky Sweater (90% merino/10% nylon DK in Bohemian Blue, 5 skeins) for Epistrophy by Kate Davies, 1 skein Punchy colorway coming
- Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight (100% merino in Muckity Muck colorway)
- Listen to the podcast to get a 50%-off coupon code for the Maribou shawl.
- Terrible alpaca
- February 2016 Into the Whirled Luxe Club: (75% BFL/25% Tussah Silk, 24 1/2th Century colorway). Fractal spin. LOVE IT. High-speed whorl, 14:1 ratio.
- Unicorn Baby Beyond Clean – you can request a free sample for the cost of shipping. EXCELLENT experience, both the product and the customer service. Sent me additional free samples for me to try.
- Heel flap and gusset
- Short-row (garter version)
- Sweet Tomato
- Fish Lips Kiss
- OMG – I’ve knit as part of the Mystik Spiral Socks
- Balbriggan from the Bootstrap Socks from Sock Architecture by Lara Neel
- Hat-top thumb-joint – can try as part of the free Fork in the Road pattern
- Vanilla is the New Black
- My Four Points Socks
- Kate Atherley’s Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet
Knitting on Safari
- Graduate Your Stash KAL: use your oldest thing in your stash and help it graduate into a finished object. Fiber or yarn. Spin, knit, crochet, weave, tat, whatever you want to do that’s fibery. WIPs count, as long as it’s your oldest stash. You must finish your project between 1 May and 30 June to be entered for a prize. If you finish your oldest thing and want to move to your next oldest thing, enter that, too. No yardage minimum, but the spirit of the KAL is to use it up, so try to do so. Extra entries for knitting a Kino Knits pattern (bundle). There will be prizes! Chatter thread open now.
Things I’ve Learned
Where to Find Me
- “Kassongo” by Orchestra Super Mazembe, used with permission of A.I. Records (Kenya) Ltd