Recorded on Friday, January 22, 2016
- Commuter Knitter podcast
- Blue Microphones Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
- Simple Cable Socks by me ($3 on Ravelry) in Filatura Lanarosa Bamboo Socks (60% wool/25% bamboo/15% nylon in colorway 6) with U.S. size 1 (2.25 mm) needles
- Maribou in Knitting Boutique Sassafrass DK (60% merino/40% bamboo in Talc colorway)
- Arctic Attire – Whale in Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport (100% wool) in Stone and Red Fox on U.S. size 3 (3.25 mm) needles
- Darning and mending
- Brandilyn by Quenna Lee ($4.99 on Knit Picks website) in Knit Picks Lindy Chain yarn (70% linen/30% cotton, chocolate colorway) on U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm). Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party KAL
- Broken Seed Stitch Socks by Hanna Leväniemi (free on Ravelry) in cowgirlblues sock weight (100% superwash merino 2-ply in natural colorway, purchased in South Africa) and Regia Hand-Dye Effect in 06551 colorway, purchased in Germany). Judy’s Magic Cast-on. Susan B. Anderson’s socks.
- Mashup sock yarn blanket – in sock yarn scraps and Knit Picks Stroll (75% merino/25% nylon in black). Started with Unwind Yarn Company Honeymoon Sock (100% merino in Meyer Lemon), the yarn I used to design my Four Points Socks. Round Table yarns
- Price change for all self-published patterns to $5 across the board coming on February 15, 2016.
- Hobbledehoy hand-painted top braid (60% merino/30% bamboo/10% nylon, one-of-a-kind colorway: Seafoam)
- Hobbledehoy hand-painted top braid (80% merino/20% Tussah silk, one-of-a-kind colorway: Dialogue)
Plotting – 2016 Goals
- Knit half of stuff in my stash that is for a specific project
- Advent calendar ornaments. The YarnHarlot’s advent calendar that inspired. Kino Knits Ravelry group ornaments bundle – feel free to add to it!
- Spin for Socks.
- Knit with handspun or give it away.
- Process alpaca fleece.
- Remember how I said I’m not a dyer? Dye sock blanks with preschooler.
- Go to Rhinebeck.
- Fix husband’s Gramps Cardigan.
- Soap from Mom with felted wool around it
- Suburban Stitcher bag – drawstring bags are okay!
Knitting on Safari – Watamu, Kenya
- Click here to see the Samburu dancers!
- Click here to see the tuk took ride!
- Turtle Bay Resort in Watamu
- Gedi Ruins
Knitting Around the World
Where to Find Me
- Kino Knits Ravelry group
- Instagram: Kino Knits
- Facebook: Kino Knits
- Ravelry: Kino
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Kassongo” by Orchestra Super Mazembe, used with permission of A.I. Records (Kenya) Ltd
1490 people have visited this page! 4 people have visited this page today!